Wednesday, September 23, 2009

week 20

You guys i have been away from home for 20 weeks. That's creeping up on half a year. No WONDER I miss you all so much.

Yesterday a few of the students took me to a farm where we climbed trees and picked (more like swatted) nutmegs! If you have never seen the inside of a nutmeg, do some google research. I have never seen nature make such a rich red.

The kids have a show on October 9th, so practices of all kinds have started. They are singing and drumming and planning. Today they started practicing their Kalari, which is the traiditional martial art of Kerala,. It the flexibility and strength of yoga plus the cardiovascular strength of a triathlon. That was my one day experience with it in June, anyway. But these guys are rockstars, so, no problem.

I'm being devoured by mosquitoes I have to leave this computer!

1 comment:

  1. man alive! that googling made me want something nutmeggy really desperately. too bad i'm boycotting the daily grind.

    hey, stop living in india

    ReplyDelete