Saturday, September 19, 2009

reimagining

Now that I have more regular internet-age, I think I'll post more often so you all don't have to read a novel every month or so.

So, today, things about Sarang that I like:

I have not thrown anything away since I've been here. Only compost. Check plus.

I thought I might become unaddicted to coffee while here, until the kids learned that I like coffee and now it appears in front of me a few times a day with someone saying "EmilyCheche? Coffee?" (Cheche = elder sister)

My music classes won't start up again until next Monday, so I'm spending this week in the kitchen learning the art of this delicious delicious cuisine.

Everyone does yoga together in the mornings.

Adi, the youngest boy, likes our encounters to be a constant trading of English and Malayalam words. He'll just run up to me with some new object and say "Malayalam, ____. English word?" Thus my language immersion begins.

These kids know how to do everything.
They also have a constant craving to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment