Wednesday, September 30, 2009

clarification

Alright just so everyone knows, I am not staying in this country until January! Rumors. My bank account, parents, love of Christmas, thesis, and most importantly my visa, will simply not allow it. I'll be home for Thanksgiving.

In other news, Monday was the day in the Malayalam calendar when classes traditionally start. Although the public school system no longer recognizes this day, most of the music and art teachers still do. So, there was a lot of music, excitement, poojas and dakshinas (offerings to new teachers) round these parts. My "guitar students" gave me dakshinas, which I accepted but don't feel like I deserve because I will probably be out of chords to teach them in like a week.

My days are full of yoga, drumming, mutual tiny language lessons, chai, and a kitchen I still don't understand. And books. Many many books. I read when I get tired of not understanding anything. And I'm trying to hold on tightly to my quickly fading English skills.

Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Em,
    we miss you too. Bring back some good recipes for THXGVG!
    love,
    ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. yessir! are y'all gonna come to the mountains/lake?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete