Monday, May 18, 2009

TO LET


Yall.

In the UK "to let" means to lease/rent. the economy sucks. thus, it looks like there are hunderds of huge signs for toilets off of which the "I" has fallen.

Also, in my portrayal of the ultimate tourist, I have been approached by SO many of those people on the streets who ask if you would like to be one of the ten lucky people to be in their photoshoot/on their TV show. I stopped and talked to one guy for a while and tried really hard to convince him that I KNEW it was a scam. He finally grinned and said, "no it's just not your thing, is it?" and let me on my way. Another girl said she really need someone with my haircut to model for her teacher at a studio nearby and begged me to come by tomorrow. I asked her enough questions about the nature of her fashion school and how she spotted me until it was clear to her that I KNEW. I was interesting though, I walked away with a bit of guilt over the fact that I had perhaps let down a student, even though I knew better. More guilt than when I was just letting down the capitalist angels on corneres pulling in passerbys. It has been a fascinating little game, though.

Tongiht I saw an AMAZING show called War Horse. Best theatre I have seen in a long time. They had life sized horse puppets (which they rode) and really amazing projections. I cried a bunch. And then I ran into Julie! Actually, I spotted her across the mezzanine and asked the American sounding students behind me if they went to UNC. Small small world.


My legs are sore. I walked today until I could no longer wonder where I was and then tried to find new ways to get back to the theatre by 7. Never retracing my steps. Walking quickly even when there was no need. Tomorrow I think I'll slow down.

Love to all.

4 comments:

  1. have you been to Tate Modern yet? Sa Sa misses you already....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're having a good time (: Say hi to Julie for me, and please don't get mugged or dead <3 (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm going today! hug sam for me. i saw a not-as-cute baby yesterday and missed himmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackster, Just a note to tell you that I'm stalking you. Like you weren't expecting it. Sounds like you're having a really good time! Enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete