Sunday, May 17, 2009

REI in London is not cute.

Hi Friends,

I am safe and happy in London. It is rainy and cold here and I refused to pack my bag with things I would only need for one week. SO, because it is in the 50s, I am among the least fashionable individuals in London...IMAGINE: Socks and Keens. I am wearing my quick dry pants that should really never be worn in a city but it's too cold for a skirt. I am wearing my raincoat for warmth even when it is not raining. To combat my feelings of fashion inferiority, I have taken on the mentality of super-tourist, REI-ing it out. I am going on free tours and plan to see at least one musical before I leave. I will stalk TKTS and continue to miscount change. It's sort of nice not trying to seem like a savvy city girl in a city I know literally nothing about. I'm thinking of it as a warm-up for Mumbai. Oy.

All that said, London is such a lovely city. I somehow managed to sleep for the entirety of the flight here, but am still sort of groggy. Today I walked around Kennsigton Garden and Hyde Park for hours, listening to books on tape, feeling a little to out of it to do anything that required planning. Tomorrow: the TATE!

I have a phone if you need me in the next week: 07796545777. It will change once I get to India though, so only try this number until Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment